Monday 11 March 2013

Left or Right?

Ok everyone knows that in England you drive on the left side of the road – opposite of Canada. And I actually think that the English have it right and it makes more sense to drive on the left hand side.  This all came about because back in the Medieval day when people rode horses down the streets. When they saw someone else coming towards them, they would draw their sword in case it was an enemy – and yes the majority of people were right handed! Makes sense doesn’t it!

BUT HERE IS MY PROBLEM

 - When you drive you stay on the left

 - When I go into the tube station on the normal stairs it says stay to the left

BUT

- On the escalator down the tube and in all the schools I have worked at they make us STAY TO THE RIGHT!

So my question is: When I am walking down the street do I stay to the left or the right of the sidewalk?

No comments:

Post a Comment