Monday 11 March 2013

The Name


My blog needs a name! I am sorry for using so many dashes in the URL (especially sorry to those of you who had to send me emails via my Hotmail account back in the day). But as I am like the last person to start a blog, all the good simple ways to write “Taking the Long Way Around” were taken.

While I was creating this blog, this was the first line that popped into my head (The Long Way Around by the Dixie Chicks). I think it sums up my life pretty well.*

In the last five years I have graduated four times from two different universities, lived in three different cities, lived in two different basements, and then with my Dad, and even had a full time job. And now as my friends graduate (from their Masters and PhDs), get “grown up” jobs, buy houses, get married, and have kids – I pack two suitcases and move into a little bedsit in a foreign city to work at a different place everyday and spend my money on travelling the world (and Thai takeout).

So I am taking the long way around on life AND I am loving it!

Laura

* Except for the part in the song about the controversy they had with George W. Bush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment